|MESSAGE FROM THE TAX COLLECTOR
Online property tax payment now available! Click the icon above to view/pay your taxes.
Please Take Notice
Added Assessment tax bills have been mailed to those property owners who had an improvement on their property in 2018. Most bank/mortgage companies do not pay the added assessment bill for the 4th quarter 2018 due November 1st. It is strongly advised you check with your bank/mortgage company immediately to see if they will pay your 4th quarter added installment. If not, you are responsible.
Taxes are due November 1st. Interest will accrue back to November 1st on any 4th quarter payment received after 4 p.m. on Tuesday, November 13th. The Borough Hall will be closed for Veteran’s Day on Monday, November 12th.
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact the Tax Collector’s office.
Thank you and have a nice day.
- A Lock Box is located outside the South Entrance of Borough Hall to drop tax checks into during non-business hours. Please put Block and Lot numbers on checks and seal checks in envelopes.
A MESSAGE FROM THE TAX OFFICE
The Fourth Quarter 2018 property taxes are payable November 1, 2018. Interest will accrue back to November first on any fourth quarter payment received after 4pm on Tuesday November 13. The Borough Hall will be closed for Veteran’s Day on Monday November 12.
2018-2019 TAX BILL NOTICES - If you haven’t already paid your 3rd quarter taxes, the last day to pay without interest is Friday, September 7, 2018. Interest will be charged back to August 1st for any third quarter payment received after 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 7, 2018.
|STARTING JANUARY 1, 2018 NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR TAX PAYMENTS.
Here is some helpful information about your Real Estate Tax Payments:
- Your tax bill is divided into four payments. The bottom stubs are for the 3rd and 4th quarter payments of the current year and the top stubs are for the 1st and 2nd quarter payments (estimated) of the following year.
- Taxes are due February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1 of each year. There is a 10 day grace period before interest is added. Payment must be received by the last day of the grace period (February 10, May 10, August 10 and November 10) to avoid interest; if the 10th falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday, the last day of the grace period is extended to the next business day. Please note that on the day following the last day of the grace period, interest will be charged, back to the statutory due dates, at 8% for the first $1,500.00 and 18% on the balance.
- As a statutory officer of the State of New Jersey, the Tax Collector is obligated to follow all the State Statutes regarding property tax collection with regard to billing, due dates, interest on delinquent tax payments and tax sale procedures.
- If your mortgage company or bank is no longer responsible for paying your real estate taxes, kindly contact the tax office immediately at (201) 967-5044 x 7360, so we may update our records.
- If your mailing address has changed you may call us or email us here.
- By mid-November of the current year, if you have any unpaid delinquent taxes due from the previous year, your property will be subject to a Tax Sale and a lien may be placed on your home or property.
Remember, it is your responsibility to pay your real estate taxes on time.If you need assistance in understanding the breakdown of your tax bill, please do not hesitate to visit the Tax Office at Borough Hall or call (201-967-5044 ext. 7360) and we will be more than happy to assist you.
- For your convenience, we have installed a tax payment drop box located near the entrance door of the administrative offices of the Municipal Building. It is clearly marked and attached to the building. We ask that only tax payments be deposited into this box and please, NO CASH. The Borough will not take responsibility for any cash payments placed in this drop box.